Long delays? Cancellation? Assistance by airlines? Denied Boarding? Lost or damaged baggage? Under EU law you have rights as a passenger travelling by air. Know your rights and seek assistance and help from the European Consumer Centre in Bulgaria.
- European legislation applies if your flight departs from an EU country, Iceland or Norway, or arrives to one of these countries with EU carrier.
MAIN PASSENGER RIGHTS
- You may request a refund of your ticket if the delay is more than 5 hours, but only if you decide not to travel.
- Financial compensation between 125 - 600 euro is due unless you were informed of the cancellation 14 days before the flight , or you were rerouted close to your original times, or the air carrier can prove that the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances.
- You may be entitled to compensation between 250 and 600 euro depending on the flight distance and the time of delay after rerouting.
Assistance by airlines
- Depending on the circumstances, if your flight is cancelled or delayed, or you are denied boarding, you may be entitled to receive assistance(food and drinks, phone call, and an overnight stay if necessary). In the event of denied boarding or cancellation, you may be offered the option to continue your trip or receive a refund of your ticket.
- If your luggage is lost, damaged or delayed, you may be entitled to compensation from the airline of up to about €1200. However the airlines shall not be liable if they have taken all reasonable measures to avoid the damages or it was impossible to take such measures.
[!] For damaged luggage, you must submit a claim to the airline within 7 days of receiving you luggage. For delayed receipt of you luggage, this period is a miximum of 21 days.