1. WHO ARE WE?
The European Consumer Centre as part of a network consisting of centres in 29 countries (all member states of the EU, Iceland and Norway) can protect to interest of the consumers in case of a cross-border purchase within the EU, Iceland and Norway. The European Consumer Centre in Bulgaria offers to consumers free advice, information and assistance with complaints.
ECC Bulgaria is part of the Commission for Consumer Protection.
2. WE CAN HELP YOU IF:
- You are living in Bulgaria and you have purchased goods or services from another member state, Iceland or Norway;
- You are living in another EU member state, Iceland or Norway, and you have purchased goods or services from Bulgaria;
[!] Pay atention that ECC Bulgaria does not handle complaints from Bulgarian consumers against Bulgarian traders.
[!] Please note that ECC Bulgaria does not handle complaints from companies and traders, and complaints against state agencies.
3. WHERE WE CAN HELP?
The mean areas in which the ECC can assist in cross-border disputes are related to:
- Information to consumers for the advantages that the Single EU Market offres, and information on the provisions of the national and EU consumer legislation;
- Provision of advice and help in solving individual problems of natural persons who have consumer cross-border complaints;
- Making of cross-border comparison research of prices, legal order and other consumer areas;
[!] Please note that the services of ECC Bulgaria are free of charge for the consumers.
The ECC is cofinanced by the European Commission and the Bulgarian government. The European Commission cannot be held liable for the content of this web page.